Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Minty Nightmare


Many people who know me are aware I DO NOT stay up past 11pm voluntarily, so why the late post?
Two words:
Tiger Balm

Each night as I lay myself to rest my legs seize up in pain, like an overly zealous xylophone player decided to use my legs for his solo. After 2 Dr.Who specials, 1hr 20min of the Great Gatsby, and 3 episodes of This American Life, I am
still tossing and turning with my eyes begging me for sleep. After spying a pot of Tiger Balm I decide that I should rub that on legs and feel the relief of Chinese Herbs.


BULLSHIT I SAY! This "100 year-old" remedy is a minty nightmare. About 5 minutes after application, my leg
s begin to burn and reek. The scent wakes up my brain and the burning sensation wakes up my body. Now, I am stuck with too peppermint abominations for legs.
Ugg!

On another note I must say I'm going to add a "Clive Chafer: The Best Brit You Will Ever Encounter" section to each posting, this is my first one.

CLIVE CHAFER: The Best Brit You Will Ever Encounter

Clive Chafer is my very british Classical Dramatic Literature professor. He sounds like John Cleese and acts like he is on Monty Python every class. Now, as a disclaimer you must understand Clive is a brilliant professor, he is extremely intelligent, and keeps me engage in extremely boring translations of Greek tragedies. His wackiness is just endearing, not a reflection on his skillz.
Now today's Clive experience is a la elementary school. We received our first assignment back of the semester, being an abject failure I forgot to answer one question, not achieving a perfect score. However, the girl sitting next to me did. As a reward for her hard work Clive decided to reward her.
With an olive green hat sticker. First of all, this is a junior level college corse and we get rewarded with stickers. Second of all, its not even a golden star or something related to sucess, no sir, Clive is too hip for something generic like that. He chooses a sticker that resembles something like this:
Oh, Clive :)

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm... I wonder, no I bet, that you are female.

    Here is my advise: Do not sleep with Clive.

    No, is not interested in a relationship with you and yes it is just sex to him.

    Not insinuating that you were thinking it, I just know that if he sees your admiration he is probably thinking it.

    Been there, done that.

    That's all. Sorry the tiger balm didn't work out for you. Nighty night.

    ReplyDelete